By Ordinance, Chalfont Borough has a single waste and recycling hauler for all residents. The purpose of this requirement is to reduce the number of large trash trucks traveling the borough streets and the number of days per week that trash is placed curbside. Because of their special needs, businesses are exempt from this requirement, however, small businesses may opt-in to the contract at residential pricing.
The borough has awarded a trash contract to the lowest bidder, our current hauler, Advanced Disposal. (Please note that Lindenfield Townhome and Condo Association, and Pine Creek Condos both contract with a private waste hauler. This resident waste collection information is not applicable to residents at those locations. However, the cardboard dumpster at Public Works is available to all residents.) Residents rate through May 31, 2019 is $57.33 regular and $47.64 for seniors per quarter.
Advanced Disposal Customer Service number is 484-679-4825.Bulk Item
Saturday, May 9
Saturday, October 31
Saturday, November 14
Saturday, December 12
- Bio-degradable bags must be used. Plastic bags with leaf waste will not be collected.
- No twigs in bags with leaf waste
- No tied or bundled twigs or tree trimmings will be picked up on Leaf Pick-Up Days
- Please have bio-degradable bags at curbside the night before pick up.
Annual Cost of Service beginning June 1, 2018
|2018||2019||2020||2021 (extension)||2022 (extension)|
|Senior Rate (Age 62 or better)||$190.56||$196.28||$202.17||$208.24||$214.49|
|Freon Disposal (per pick up)||$48.00||$48.00||$48.00||$48.00||$48.00|
- aluminum beverage cans (rinsed);
- steel and tin food cans (rinsed);
- clear, green, or brown glass jars and bottles (please remove lids and rinse);
- plastic containers labeled 1 through 7 -discard lids, rinse, and flattened plastic;
- newspapers, magazines, catalogs, and phone books;
- junk mail (for your protection, be sure to shred items containing any personal identification);
- paper egg cartons, flattened.
A CARDBOARD ONLY dumpster is available for public use at the Public Works building located at 500 North Main Street. Please make sure all cardboard deposited is broken down flat.
*NOTE: If a holiday falls on a Friday, trash and/or recycling will be picked up on Saturday.
Please place your trash curbside the night before pick up. Do not place your trash bin in the street!
Recycling Resource List
Please find the attached Recycling Resource List collected and researched by the CB South Environmental Club that was recently shared with Kathy Watson’s office. We often have constituents contacting our office looking for this type of information, and felt it may be a good resource for your office as well.
To view PDFs, you will need Adobe Reader.