By Ordinance, Chalfont Borough has a single waste and recycling hauler for all residents. The purpose of this requirement is to reduce the number of large trash trucks traveling Borough streets, and the number of days per week that trash is placed curbside. Because of their special needs, businesses are exempt from this requirement, however, small businesses may opt-in to the contract at residential pricing.
The Borough has awarded a trash contract to the lowest bidder. Advanced Disposal was awarded the bid, but they recently merged with Waste Management and the whole company is now “Waste Management.” Please click here for more merger information. Please note that the Lindenfield Townhome & Condo Association and Pine Creek Condos both contract with a private waste hauler. Therefore, this residential waste collection information is not applicable to residents at those locations. However, the cardboard dumpster at the Borough’s Public Works building located at 500 North Main St. is available to all residents.
Waste Management/Advanced Disposal Customer Service number for Chalfont Borough residents is 484-679-4825.Bulk Item
Saturday, May 1
Saturday, October 30
Saturday, November 13
Saturday, December 11
- Bio-degradable leaf collection bags must be used. Plastic bags with leaf waste will not be collected.
- No twigs in bags with leaf waste.
- No tied or bundled twigs, nor will any tree trimmings be picked up on Leaf Collection Days.
- Please have bio-degradable bags at curbside the night before pick-up.
Annual Cost of Service beginning June 1, 2018
- aluminum beverage cans (rinsed);
- steel and tin food cans (rinsed);
- clear, green, or brown glass jars and bottles (please remove lids and rinse);
- plastic containers labeled 1 through 7 (discard lids, rinse, and flatten plastic);
- newspapers, magazines, catalogs, and phone books;
- paper egg cartons (flattened); styrofoam of any kind is not accepted
- junk mail (PLEASE NOTE: shredded paper can’t be recycled, it falls to bottom of the machines. Please bag shredded paper and put out with your trash).
A CARDBOARD ONLY dumpster is available for public use at the Public Works building located at 500 North Main Street. Please make sure all cardboard deposited is broken down flat before putting into dumpster.
*NOTE: If a holiday falls on a Friday, trash and/or recycling will be picked up on Saturday.
Please place your trash curbside the night before pick up. Do not place your trash bin in the street!
Twice a year, the Borough provides a dumpster at 40 N. Main St. for residents to deposit yard waste (ONLY). Branches from trees, bushes and shrubs, tree limbs, and brown biodegradable leaf collection bags can be put into the dumpster and NOTHING ELSE, its use is for yard waste ONLY. Checks the Borough calendar for this year’s yard waste dumpster dates.
Please see the Recycling Resource Lists collected and researched by the CB South Environmental Club:
To view PDFs, you will need Adobe Reader.