The Chalfont Borough Police Department would like to remind the public of the following frequently enforced Borough Ordinances:Ordinance 202A – Dogs
Anyone who is the owner, keeper, or possessor of a dog shall not permit it to:
- Bark excessively or continuously so as to disturb the peace and quiet of the surrounding neighborhood and/or breach the public peace. Such excessive or continuous barking shall be deemed a public nuisance.
- Defecate on the property of another person without the owner’s permission, or on any public street, sidewalk, curb, alley, or public school grounds unless the owner, keeper or possessor removes the feces promptly.
Parking is prohibited on Borough streets between the hours of 1:00 AM and 6:00 AM. Parking on Borough streets is prohibited during snowfall or until the streets are plowed, whichever is last. Overnight parking requests can be given to the police by calling the non-emergency line 215-345-4143, and providing the operator with your name, address, and vehicle description.
Chalfont Borough requires that snow and ice are removed from your sidewalks:
- Within 12 hours after the cessation of any snow, sleet or freezing rain.
- A clear 30-inch pathway is required.
- Vehicles are required to be removed from all streets and snow emergency routes.
- No person shall deposit snow into the roadway, or around fire hydrants.
No person shall engage in peddling (or solicitation) within the Borough without first having obtained a license.
If you wish to solicit in the Borough of Chalfont, you must stop by the Central Bucks Regional Police Department and complete an application for a solicitation permit. The Central Bucks Regional Police Department is located at: 57 West Court Street, Doylestown, PA
Office hours for applications and permits are:
Monday thru Friday, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
ALL persons in your group must appear IN PERSON and fill out individual applications, (i.e. 10 people = 10 applications).
ALL Applicants are required to supply the following:
- $50.00 application fee per person (NON-Refundable)
- Plus one (1) of the following fees per person: (paid only after applicant is approved) Daily Fee of $25.00, or Weekly Fee of $100.00, or Monthly Fee of $200.
- Two forms of identification.
- Two passport-size photos.
- Criminal History Report dated within 90 days of application.
Residential – Radio, TV, musical instrument, etc. – not before 10:00 AM and not after 10:00 PM.
Mechanically powered saws, blowers, lawn tools, etc. – not before 7:00 AM and not after 9:00 PM.
Industrial – not before 7:00 AM and not after 7:00 PM, and never on Sunday.
Burning for the purpose of destruction of solid waste, yard waste or recyclables is prohibited. The burning of garbage, rubber, leather, plastics, paints, grease, oil and other petroleum products is strictly prohibited. Recreational fires are permitted, but must be attended to at all times, and controlled so as not to interfere with the welfare or comfort of other persons in the community, and their right to enjoy their property free and clear of smoke nuisance. Ordinance No. 394