Social Media Policy
The sole purpose of social media sites used by the Borough is to present information concerning Chalfont Borough and its government to the general public. Please note that they are moderated online discussion sites and not a public forum. Chalfont Borough social media sites are not meant for comments that do not relate to the purpose or topic posted. User comments should directly relate to the comments posted or displayed by the Borough on this site, and the site is not meant for comments that do not relate directly to the purpose or topic established by the Borough.
General inquiries, comments, communications and service requests should be directed directly to the Borough. The information on the Borough’s social media sites does not constitute the official record of any agency or entity within Chalfont Borough. To request official records, you may contact the Borough at 215-822-7295 or go to www.chalfontborough.com. Comments, media, or other information posted to or displayed on the sites are subject to monitoring and review at any time, and users of the site should have no expectation of privacy with respect to any such comments, media or other information.
However, given the need to manage our staff resources (your tax dollars), monitoring will not occur 24/7, and as such, Chalfont Borough is not liable for inappropriate or offensive comments that may be posted during a non-monitored time-frame. Although Chalfont Borough will not edit or re-write your comments or posts, Chalfont Borough prohibits and reserves the right to delete submissions that contain:
- Vulgar or obscene language
- Defamatory or disparaging content
- False, misleading or deceptive information or media
- Personal attacks or threatening or harassing activity of any kind
- Clearly off-topic comments
- Spam or links to other sites
- Comments or content that constitutes, promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, genetics, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or intellectual disability or sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law or regulation
- Any comment that advocates illegal activity
- Promotion of particular services, commercial transactions, products, or political organization
- Opposition or promotion of any person campaigning for election to a political office.
- Non-public information concerning securities or that constitutes insider-trading or forwarding looking statements.
- Infringement on copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, licenses, or any other intellectual property.
- Personally identifiable or protected medical or personal information
- Information that may compromise the safety, security or proceedings of public systems or any criminal or civil investigations.
- Comments that do not directly relate to the information or comments posted or displayed by Chalfont Borough on this site.
The foregoing is an incomplete list and Chalfont Borough reserves the right to delete any post, media or material from the sites at any time and for any reason at its sole discretion.
Please note that the comments expressed on these sites do not reflect the opinions and position of Chalfont Borough government or its officers and employees. If you have any questions concerning the operation of this online moderated discussion site, please contact Chalfont Borough at 215-822-7295.
This policy is subject to amendment or modification at any time.