The Council Agenda and Packet for 9/11/2018 has been posted.
The Agenda for the 9/14/2018 Council meeting has been posted.
The Chalfont Evening Concert and Fireworks begin at 6 pm on Saturday night. Vendors include: Rita’s Water Ice, our own Fire Company, O Wow Cow Ice Cream , and there will be bounce houses and more! The Mango Men will entertain us until fire works at dusk. Please no dogs!
In case of predicted rainy weather the event may be canceled. We will notify everyone of any cancelation on Friday afternoon.
West Peace Valley Rd, Marian Rd, Pleasant Avenue and portions of Valley View Road are being milled and paved this week. Please allow additional time while traveling through the neighborhood.
Route 152 Weekday Lane Restrictions Scheduled for Resurfacing Operations in Bucks County
King of Prussia, PA – Weekday lane restrictions with flagging are scheduled on Route 152 (Main Street/Limekiln Pike/Hilltown Pike) between East Butler Avenue and Mill Road in Chalfont Borough, and New Britain and Hilltown townships, Bucks County, on Monday, September 10, through Friday, September 21, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, for milling and paving, as part of a project to repair and resurface 44 miles of state highway in Bucks County, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced today.
Motorists are advised to allow extra time when traveling through the work area because slowdowns will occur. The contractor’s schedule is dependent on the weather.
State highways completed under this resurfacing project include:
- Hilltown Pike between Route 152 (Limekiln Pike/Hilltown Pike) and Callowhill Road in Hilltown Township;
- Park Avenue/Ferry Road between Route 152 (North Main Street) and Old Easton Road in Chalfont Borough, and New Britain and Plumstead townships;
- Swamp Road between Route 232 (2nd Street Pike) and Route 413 (Newtown Bypass) in Wrightstown and Newtown townships;
- Route 563 (Ridge Road) between West Park Avenue and Route 313 (Dublin Pike) in Perkasie Borough and East Rockhill Township;
- Pine Run Road between Limekiln Road and Old Dublin Pike in Doylestown Township; and
- Route 563 (Mountain View Drive) between Route 313 (Dublin Pike) and Route 412 (Durham Road) in East Rockhill, Haycock and Nockamixon townships.
State highways scheduled for resurfacing under this contract include:
- Route 532 (Bustleton Pike) between County Line Road and Route 213 (Bridgetown Pike);
- Business U.S. 1 (Lincoln Highway) from Neshaminy Street to east of South Bucks Town Road in Penndel Borough and Middletown Township;
- Trenton Road between Route 513 (Neshaminy Street/Bellevue Avenue) and Route 413 (Veterans Highway) in Hulmeville Borough and Middletown townships;
- Main Street from Reading Avenue to the ramp to northbound Interstate 95 in Yardley Borough and Lower Makefield Township;
- Pineville Road/Ridge Road/Street Road/Lurgan Road between Route 413 (Durham Road) and Van Sant Road in Buckingham, Solebury and Upper Makefield townships; and
- New Ford Mill Road between Bordentown Road and Tyburn Road in Falls Township.
Under this improvement project, PennDOT is milling the existing roadway surface and repaving the state highways with new asphalt. The new pavement will seal the roadways and provide motorists with a smoother riding surface.
Blooming Glen Contractors, Inc., of Blooming Glen, Bucks County is the general contractor on the $12,610,492 project, which is financed with 100 percent state funds from Act 89, Pennsylvania’s Transportation Plan.
The Chalfont Farmer’s market will be opening a bit later now that Summer is winding down. Their new hours are 9 am to 12 noon.
The HARB meeting originally scheduled for 9/4/2018 has been cancelled. The next meeting is scheduled for 10/1/2018.
Bucks County has initiated Smart911with RapidSOS to quickly serve callers. Click here for more information.
There will be a Volunteer Information Night scheduled to be held at the Chalfont Firehouse on October 17th from 7 to 8 pm. This will be for persons interested in becoming firefighters, fire police, auxiliary and Jr. Firefighters (16 years old).
Save the date – more information to follow