The Planning Commission originally scheduled for 2/26/2018 has been cancelled. The next scheduled meeting will be on 3/26/2018.
The Chalfont Boro Farmers’ Market will return starting June 2018 for another season of great local food and handmade items! Come by the parking lot at Krupp Park, 40 N Main St in Chalfont Boro and get your groceries fresh and direct from the farmers!
Got food or handmade items to sell? We’re looking for handmade items, breads, cheese or value added products for our 2018 season. Contact Gail Palovchak at 215-272-2200 or firstname.lastname@example.org to become a vendor.
The Agenda for the 2/13/2018 Council has been posted.
The agenda for the 2/5/2018 HARB meeting has been posted.
Join us for our first Birding Walk on January 28th at 1 pm at Krupp Park behind Borough Hall. This is a family event, meet up and walk with members of our Birdtown Committee who will help walkers learn to identify wintering and resident birds. Bring binoculars and dress for the weather. Birding will be cancelled if there is inclement weather.
The Planning Commission Agenda for 1/22/2018 has been posted.
Parking in Chalfont has changed, here is everything you need to know:
After nearly two years of studying the parking ordinance in Chalfont Borough, Borough Council passed Ordinance #441, amending parking regulations within the borough. Key changes include:
- Our Borough Rule of no parking between the hours of 1:00am-6:00am was upheld with the exception of Oxford Lane and Elm Circle.
- 1:00am-6:00am parking violators will be sentenced to pay a fine of not less than $25.00 plus costs. This represents a $20 increase to the fine amount which has never previously been increased.
- All Borough streets are designated as snow emergency routes. This means you must not park on Borough Streets during snow events. In order for us to plow effectively we need to plow curb to curb. During a single snow event, not plowing curb to curb isn’t a big deal. But when we have cumulative winter effect, with no snow melting, you could see how roads could quickly narrow, becoming a safety issue. The fine for violating parking prohibitions in snow emergency routes has been raised to $200.00.
- The fine for parking in a fire zone has been increased to $75.00.
- Parking in borough parking lots adjacent to park and recreation facilities with the exception of the parking lot at 40 North Main Street, shall be prohibited between the hours of 1:00am-6:00am. We have a problem with residents parking vehicles overnight in Borough Parks, specifically Chestnut Street Park. Per this change overnight parking is not allowed there. Please be advised that any vehicles found in the lot overnight will be ticketed $25. We need the lots clear and available for park users.
Thank you for observing our parking rules! If you have any questions feel free to contact the Borough Manager.
The Council Packet for 1/9/2018 has been posted.